Otomedius Excellent (オトメディウスX（エクセレント！） Otomediusu X (Ekuserento!)) is an Xbox 360 game and the sequel to the 2007 arcade game Otomedius by Konami, which is a spin-off of the side-shooting game Gradius series. It was released in April 21, 2011 in Japan and early November of 4, 2011 in America.
Otomedius Excellent features a single player campaign with a new story, and a Multiplay mode in which 2 other players can play in. Players with an Xbox Live subscription can play online with other players in Score Attack mode and check their scores against other players on the Leaderboard. Alternate costumes and new stages were made available after release.
In the year 2011 A.D., after the civilization war between the Angel Squadrons and the Gofer Sisters before their memories taken the music box has been forbidden. The Inter-Dimensional Organization G is now continue of the new Bacterian Army with 4 new member squadrons to defeat the unknown Bacterian Force and the Dark Force was taken to earth and revolved their destruction but the Squadrons has going back in time to finish their most powerful forces among the real world of planet Gradius.
- Arnval, pilot of Anthurium. From Busou Shinki.
- Strarf, pilot of Alpinia. From Busou Shinki
- Gesshi Hanafuuma, pilot of Axelay Viper. Based on Getsu Fuuma from Getsu Fuuma Den.
- Kokoro Belmont, pilot of Stavros. Based on the Belmont Clan from Castlevania.
- Neko Sencho, based on the Cat Battleship from Parodius.
- T.B. Rika, based on Chichibinta Rika from Parodius.
- Ryukotsuki, based on Ryu Kokki from Getsu Fuuma Den.
- Shiori Fujisaki from Tokimeki Memorial.
- Ruby and Cobalt, based on Hikaru and Akane from Parodius.
- Dark Force, new character.
- Konami Lady from Konami Wai Wai World.
- Emon • 8, based on Yae from Ganbare Goemon.
- Pastel from TwinBee.