Galamoth plots to send his servant, the Time Reaper, from ten millennia in the future into the past to destroy his rival Dracula and change history. A man named Aeon discovers this and pulls together champions from different eras of history into a time rift, in order to find a chosen one capable of destroying the Time Reaper. Each character has their own unique storyline, cutscenes and ending sequence when playing through the game's story mode.
There are 14 playable characters, made up of heroes and bosses from throughout the Castlevania franchise's history, as well as a new exclusive character named Aeon, the warrior of time.
Other non-playable characters roam the game's stages, serving as obstacles that can be eliminated to replenish energy. These characters include common Castlevania enemies such as zombies, mermen and minotaurs.
- Aeon (Castlevania Judgment, 2008)
- Alucard (Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, 1989)
- Carmilla (Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, 1987)
- Cornell (Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, 1999)
- Death (Castlevania, 1986)
- Dracula (Castlevania, 1986)
- Eric Lecarde (Castlevania: Bloodlines, 1994)
- Golem (Haunted Castle, 1987)
- Grant Danasty (Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, 1989)
- Maria Renard (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, 1993)
- Sypha Belnades (Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, 1989)
- Shanoa (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, 2008)
- Simon Belmont (Castlevania, 1986)
- Trevor Belmont (Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, 1989)